Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t get my wireless printer to print with my new iPhone 14 was working but stop

I had my old Android phone set up with my wireless printer. Got a. iPhone 14 and the printer was working but now has stop. When I try to print it says no air printer found. What do I need to do to fixed it?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 8:33 AM

Hi,

Would it be correct to assume that your printer is a model supporting the AirPrint technology (About AirPrint - Apple Support)? If so, a special app from the printer manufacturer should not be needed for the iPhone.

The AirPrint-enabled printer must be connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router) as the iPhone. If the iPhone cannot properly detect the printer, you could try a full power-cycle sequence (do not forget the router): Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPhone, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2023 8:33 AM in response to Sl1965__

Hi,

Would it be correct to assume that your printer is a model supporting the AirPrint technology (About AirPrint - Apple Support)? If so, a special app from the printer manufacturer should not be needed for the iPhone.

The AirPrint-enabled printer must be connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router) as the iPhone. If the iPhone cannot properly detect the printer, you could try a full power-cycle sequence (do not forget the router): Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPhone, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Can’t get my wireless printer to print with my new iPhone 14 was working but stop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.