Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

please my installer keeps saying,this version of mac OS cant be installed in this computer .what do i do?

My installer keeps saying this version of macOS cant be installed in this computer,what do i do?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 6:21 PM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2023 6:29 PM in response to Atumayea

Atumayea Said:

"My installer keeps saying this version of macOS cant be installed in this computer,what do i do?"

-------

For reference...

Installing a macOS:

Determining which Update(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

III. If Compatible:

Back Up your Mac First:  Be certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reconfiguration.

Mar 5, 2023 6:29 PM in response to Atumayea

What model year and what version are you trying to install?

The model year of a MacBook Pro is available at Apple menu > About This Mac.

An Early 2008 through mid 2009 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to El Capitan 10.11.6  but no later version. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

A mid 2010 through late 2011 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.6 but no later version. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

A mid 2012 through early 2013 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 but no later. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

A late 2013 and mid 2014 can be upgraded to the latest  version of Big Sur macOS 11 but no later. See:How to download macOS - Apple Support

An early 2015 through 2016 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the latest version of Monterey macOS 12. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

A 2017 or later MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the current version of Ventura macOS 13. See: How to upgrade to macOS Ventura - Apple Support

please my installer keeps saying,this version of mac OS cant be installed in this computer .what do i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.