Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Music is not playing

Hello.

I just got an iPhone X and signed in to Apple Music. Immediately I did this, I downloaded music to play offline and it never played. Now they are not playing even on WIFI or Cellular.

Mind you, I haven't had any problems with Apple Music before on all the devices I've used.

What might the problem and solution to this?

iPhone X

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 3:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2023 3:52 PM

Hi iStiv_Kenya,

Can you tell us what happens when you try to play a song?

At this time, we recommend you check your connection, close Music, and restart your iPhone:

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Let us know what happens in detail and we can try to help.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2023 3:52 PM in response to iStiv_Kenya

Hi iStiv_Kenya,

Can you tell us what happens when you try to play a song?

At this time, we recommend you check your connection, close Music, and restart your iPhone:

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Let us know what happens in detail and we can try to help.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Mar 13, 2023 7:47 AM in response to iStiv_Kenya

HI iStif_Kenya,

Thanks for trying that out. We'd like to continue to help you isolate this issue a bit more.

Are you using a private or public Wi-Fi network? We ask because if it's public, there may be some limitations on that connection when it comes to downloading or streaming media. To rule out your connection being the cause of this, it would be best to try to connect to 1-2 other Wi-Fi networks to see if you're able to stream or download media at that time.

Then, make sure that Apple Music is available in your country or region: Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support

Let us know how those steps go and we'll continue on from here.

Cheers!

Mar 11, 2023 3:48 AM in response to Rigo_O86

Everytime I try playing music on WIFI, this happens. It also happens with downloaded music everytime I try playing offline.

It plays Radio though

I've checked my connection, closed Music and restarting it, deleted the application itself and downloaded it again several times, deleted music and adding it back to the library, and I've also restarted my iPhone but all this doesn't help.

What could be the problem and how can I go about that?

My Apple Music is not playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.