Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud contacts on Mac significantly more than iCloud contacts on iCloud.com

I just spent the night sorting out my contacts and streamlining things so that all my contacts are ONLY on iCloud.

I do not have any other accounts using Contacts - so please - no responses to the effect of "you may have other accounts". That possibility has been eliminated.

I have 3381 iCloud contacts on iCloud.com, and 6523 on my Mac.

I have also removed and/or merged any and all duplicates - a search for duplicates reveals no duplicates.

I am attaching a screen shot so you can see my setup. Nothing is on my 'computer'. The green lines show the iCloud list compared to where those names show up on the list on my computer and there are clearly significantly more names.

I have quit and restarted everything to no avail.

Any idea what's going on?

Mac Studio, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2023 9:51 PM

Solved. I disabled iCloud and quit Contacts. I then deleted everything in Library-Application Support-Address book. Restarted the computer. Reopened contacts. Enabled iCloud, and now everything matches and I managed to get rid of over 200mb of extraneous data. (untitled photo is the backup I made of the Address book folder before deleting everything from that folder)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2023 9:51 PM in response to Hugo Stiglitz

Solved. I disabled iCloud and quit Contacts. I then deleted everything in Library-Application Support-Address book. Restarted the computer. Reopened contacts. Enabled iCloud, and now everything matches and I managed to get rid of over 200mb of extraneous data. (untitled photo is the backup I made of the Address book folder before deleting everything from that folder)

iCloud contacts on Mac significantly more than iCloud contacts on iCloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.