Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t have time to do any of these because it just consistently restarts

when I get the error message, “you’re computer has to restart because of a problem.” I cannot try any of the help options such as update system preferences because my MacBook restarts as soon as I login in the whole process goes over again.

MacBook Air (M2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 4:08 PM

Hi,

This is iMac community, you'd better post your issue at MacBook Air community.

Anyway, try to boot in Recovery mode then run First Aid of DiskUtility to clean your boot drive.

Use macOS Recovery on a Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, try to boot in Safe mode if it stops restart circling.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, you'd better take your MacBook Air to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

Service and Repair Providers for Apple Products - Official Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2023 4:08 PM in response to Courtneyvdp

Hi,

This is iMac community, you'd better post your issue at MacBook Air community.

Anyway, try to boot in Recovery mode then run First Aid of DiskUtility to clean your boot drive.

Use macOS Recovery on a Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, try to boot in Safe mode if it stops restart circling.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, you'd better take your MacBook Air to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

Service and Repair Providers for Apple Products - Official Apple Support

Mar 6, 2023 3:55 PM in response to Courtneyvdp

So that we can help you best, please tell us which Mac, model and year you’re having trouble with, and what macOS version you’re running, if you can.

See if the problem still happens in Safe mode (press and hold the shift key down at startup). It can take much longer to safe boot (10 min) so be patient.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support 

Safe mode is non-destructive to user data. It’s not a cure-all, but very often corrects  weird software behavior. When you're in safe boot, the machine will not be at its best performance, especially with graphics, but that's expected.

Does the problem persist while in Safe mode?

Exit safe mode by restarting your Mac normally and re-evaluate the issue again.

I don’t have time to do any of these because it just consistently restarts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.