MacBook keep restarting

Hey my MacBook Pro 2020 just keeps restarting at first it was saying it restarted “because of a problem” so I tried in safe mode same thing, I reset the NVRAM same thing, utility disk same thing so my final option is to reinstall MacOS only problem it keeps restarting during the process anyone has an idea of what I should do? I really need help!

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 6:38 PM

Danjor47lwi Said:

"MacBook keep restarting: Hey my MacBook Pro 2020 just keeps restarting at first it was saying it restarted 'because of a problem' so I tried in safe mode same thing, I reset the NVRAM same thing, utility disk same thing so my final option is to reinstall MacOS only problem it keeps restarting during the process anyone has an idea of what I should do? I really need help!"

-------

Troubleshooting a Mac Stuck in a Boot Loop:

Is this consistent? If so, it seems you are in a boot loop. So, refer to the following...

I. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

II. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Basel Macs Only) Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

III. Re-Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Intel or Silicon) . You need to click the “Mount’ button to proceed. So, select the drives, and then click "Mount" Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more. It looks dulled-out. So, if you cannot click it, then click the First Aid button to fix this volume.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2023 6:38 PM in response to Danjor47lwi

Danjor47lwi Said:

"MacBook keep restarting: Hey my MacBook Pro 2020 just keeps restarting at first it was saying it restarted 'because of a problem' so I tried in safe mode same thing, I reset the NVRAM same thing, utility disk same thing so my final option is to reinstall MacOS only problem it keeps restarting during the process anyone has an idea of what I should do? I really need help!"

-------

Troubleshooting a Mac Stuck in a Boot Loop:

Is this consistent? If so, it seems you are in a boot loop. So, refer to the following...

I. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

II. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Basel Macs Only) Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

III. Re-Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Intel or Silicon) . You need to click the “Mount’ button to proceed. So, select the drives, and then click "Mount" Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more. It looks dulled-out. So, if you cannot click it, then click the First Aid button to fix this volume.

Oct 21, 2023 6:12 PM in response to Danjor47lwi

Hi,

I think your MacBook Pro has hardware related issue. Try to check your MacBook Pro with Apple Diagnostics if it reports anything hardware related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help or error is/are reported, you'd better contact Apple Support or take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations- Apple

MacBook keep restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.