Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2020 won't wake up after closing the lid

My MacBook Pro 2020 running on Ventura 13.2.1 won't wake up after I put it on sleep by closing the lid. When I reopen the lid I can see the lights on my Keyboard but the screen won't wake up. Please help if anyone has a solution.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 5:24 PM

shamik98 Said:

"MacBook Pro 2020 won't wake up after closing the lid: My MacBook Pro 2020 running on Ventura 13.2.1 won't wake up after I put it on sleep by closing the lid. When I reopen the lid I can see the lights on my Keyboard but the screen won't wake up. Please help if anyone has a solution. Thanks"

-------

Troubleshooting MacBook Pro Power:

As for replacing that battery, that may not be necessary. Try troubleshooting it.

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2023 5:24 PM in response to shamik98

shamik98 Said:

"MacBook Pro 2020 won't wake up after closing the lid: My MacBook Pro 2020 running on Ventura 13.2.1 won't wake up after I put it on sleep by closing the lid. When I reopen the lid I can see the lights on my Keyboard but the screen won't wake up. Please help if anyone has a solution. Thanks"

-------

Troubleshooting MacBook Pro Power:

As for replacing that battery, that may not be necessary. Try troubleshooting it.

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Mar 8, 2023 5:17 PM in response to shamik98

Of course, you would have tried tapping the keys, so am wondering if there was any error message.

This archived article has some suggestions you might want to check:

If your MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) won't wake from sleep - Apple Support

First, check for these possibilities:

✽. Your display brightness might be turned down.

✽. If you're using an external display, your display might be turned off. 

✽. Your Mac might be in Safe Sleep. To wake from Safe Sleep, connect your Mac to its power adapter and press the power button.

✽. Make sure that your Mac isn't turned off.

If your MacBook Pro still won't wake up, you might want to follow the steps to turn off Power Nap in the above article:

MacBook Pro 2020 won't wake up after closing the lid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.