Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air 2020 screen won't wake up

Hi all,

I have a 3 week old Macbook Air 2020 which I think has a problem with the display.

I close the lid then open it a while later the screen will not wake up unless I open and close the lid about 5 or 6 times. The keyboard lights up and if you look really close you can see its like the screen is on the lowest brightness settings. Naturally I have tried to use the brightness adjust to see if that does anything but it doesn't.

I have checked updates, energy settings etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 12:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 4:13 PM

Your MacBook Air 2020 is still under warranty and you can take advantage of it by having your MacBook Air examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support however you may want to try some basic troubleshooting techniques and see whether that resolves things.

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Axel F.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2020 4:13 PM in response to lambypie2020

Your MacBook Air 2020 is still under warranty and you can take advantage of it by having your MacBook Air examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support however you may want to try some basic troubleshooting techniques and see whether that resolves things.

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Axel F.

Macbook Air 2020 screen won't wake up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.