Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrade to icloud for windows 14.1 failed

I get this message when I try to use iCloud on Windows 10, starting maybe a month ago:

Upgrade to iCloud for Windows 14.1 failed. Please reboot and try again (Error 101)

I've rebooted and retried, same result. Apple's FAQs seem to indicate they are only on Version 7.x of iCloud, so tbe number makes no sense.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 7:36 AM

4 replies

Mar 9, 2023 7:41 AM in response to Gildar

Hi Gildar,

We see your posting from the Download iCloud for Windows resource. Here's some troubleshooting you might find helpful:

"If iCloud for Windows doesn't download or install from the Microsoft Store

To install iCloud for Windows 11 or later, make sure that you:

1. Update your version of Windows to the May 2019 Update or later. Learn more about the minimum system requirements for iCloud for Windows.
  2. Set up a Microsoft account. You can create one on the Microsoft website.
  3. Know your Apple ID and Apple ID password. Learn what to do if you forgot your Apple ID password or need to find your Apple ID user name.

For general upgrade and installation fixes, visit the Microsoft support site."

You can check out the full resource that came from here: If you can't download or install iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Mar 9, 2023 8:14 AM in response to Lee_ms

Since my original message began "I get this message when I try to use iCloud on Windows 10,...", the Windows 11 advice is not applicable.

I've already tried every reasonable suggestion I have seen on the Microsoft and Apple support sites. It is unreasonable, for example, to suggest that I backup my computer and reinstall everything simply to access iCloud. If I have to live without iCloud drive, I will simply revert to emailing files to myself to transfer them. At least ICloud email still works.

I never asked for this. I was satisfied using the version of iCloud that I already had when this message started appearing. As far as I can tell, Apple provides no way for me to return to the version I was previously using.

Does anyone know what Error 101 means? That was not listed on either support site.

upgrade to icloud for windows 14.1 failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.