You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off hide my email

How do I turn off hide my email when I don’t have any emails registered in iCloud to turn off? I went to settings iCloud, hide my email, and there are no emails registered. How do I turn this off? The other replies to this same question were not helpful.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 8:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 10:37 AM

Hide My Mail is part of your iCloud+ Plan. You cannot deactivate the service, but if you have no active mails, then the service is not in use. So there is nothing to disable.

You can deactivate and delete your email address like this. Go to:

Settings Apple IDiCloud Hide My Mail → tap on your mail address and select Disable Mail Address.

Then go to Inactive Addresses select your email and tap Delete Address. If you have several hidden email addresses, you follow the same procedure.

That is all. Hide My Mail is no longer active until you create a new address.

You can read more about how Hide My Mail works here:

Learn more about Hide My Email and iCloud+ - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 8, 2023 10:37 AM in response to Sheri_dlb

Hide My Mail is part of your iCloud+ Plan. You cannot deactivate the service, but if you have no active mails, then the service is not in use. So there is nothing to disable.

You can deactivate and delete your email address like this. Go to:

Settings Apple IDiCloud Hide My Mail → tap on your mail address and select Disable Mail Address.

Then go to Inactive Addresses select your email and tap Delete Address. If you have several hidden email addresses, you follow the same procedure.

That is all. Hide My Mail is no longer active until you create a new address.

You can read more about how Hide My Mail works here:

Learn more about Hide My Email and iCloud+ - Apple Support

Turn off hide my email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.