Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sent emails showing up in Inbox

Some emails from Sent folder are coming back to my Inbox.

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 2:19 PM

It's occurring in my regular mail on my MacBook Air. It just happened again and there is a banner that says "You sent this 3 days ago." On the right of the banner it says "Follow up" and when I click on it, it opens a new email to the person I sent the original note to.

5 replies

Mar 16, 2023 2:39 PM in response to betsbbop

Hello betsbbop,

Thanks for that info. This is part of a new feature. Seems like sent mail that doesn't get a reply has this new reminder, which you can turn off: Reply to, forward, or follow up on emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

"Get reminded to follow up on emails with no response

If you send a message and don’t receive a response in 3 days, the sent email automatically resurfaces to the top of your inbox to help you remember to follow up.

• To ignore a follow-up suggestion, swipe right on the message in the message list.
  • To turn this feature on or off, choose Mail > Settings, click General, then select or deselect the checkbox next to “Enable message follow up suggestions.”"

Thanks.

Mar 13, 2023 10:38 AM in response to betsbbop

Hey there betsbbop,

To verify, is this occurring with iCloud, Gmail, or some other account? Does it seem to be happening with multiple accounts? If it’s only happening with one, check the email from the account’s website on a web browser and see if the sent mail is returning to the inbox there. This can help isolate the cause of this.

Also, does this occur when you receive a reply? This can be expected if someone has replied to the email as it shows the entire thread of emails. You can read more about this here:

View email conversations in Mail on Mac

Let us know what you find. 

Regards.

Mar 9, 2023 8:28 AM in response to betsbbop

Hello betsbbop,

In order to provide steps to help with your Mac, we'll need to know more about what's happening and more about the Mac itself. For example, which software version are you using on this Mac? Is it up to date? Are you using the Apple Mail app or a third-party mail app?

If you go to the email provider's website using a browser, do these emails show up in the inbox there? That will tell us if the issue is happening from the provider's side of things or possibly from the Mail app on the Mac.

Hoping to hear how it goes.

Take care.

Sent emails showing up in Inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.