Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’ve erased my Apple Watch and am trying to pair to new phone and number. It pairs but then says enter the email and Apple ID that was originally paired. It won’t take that one or the new email and ow

I’m trying to pair watch to new phone with different number. I’ve erased my watch and it pairs to new phone but stops and wants the email and password for when I set up to old phone and number. It does not take that email or pew nor the new phone email and pw. Do I have to get a new watch?

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 1:06 AM

If the apple ID it is pairing to is your old Apple ID then sign into that Apple ID in https://icloud.com/find and remove it from the account.

If you have forgotten the password then  

Try the steps in this knowledge base article

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If the account has been deleted or the apple ID is the one belonging to the original owner of a pre-owned Watch and they cannot be contacted then there is no remedy.

If the watch belonged to a deceased relative and you legally inherited the Watch then

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support (CA)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2023 1:06 AM in response to Falkla

If the apple ID it is pairing to is your old Apple ID then sign into that Apple ID in https://icloud.com/find and remove it from the account.

If you have forgotten the password then  

Try the steps in this knowledge base article

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If the account has been deleted or the apple ID is the one belonging to the original owner of a pre-owned Watch and they cannot be contacted then there is no remedy.

If the watch belonged to a deceased relative and you legally inherited the Watch then

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support (CA)

I’ve erased my Apple Watch and am trying to pair to new phone and number. It pairs but then says enter the email and Apple ID that was originally paired. It won’t take that one or the new email and ow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.