Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wife has an existing family plan I’d like to get the Apple all inclusive family plan how do I take this over and not loose other family members music? Can I cancel her account and ad me as the administrator?

My wife has an existing family plan I’d like to get the Apple all inclusive family plan how do I take this over and not loose other family members music? Can I cancel her account and ad me as the administrator?

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 8:11 AM

If you mean Apple One, you can subscribe to it, and it will automatically take over, and cancel any other ongoing plans for members of the family group that are included with Apple One.

If you wife is the Family Organizer, and you want to be the Family Organizer, you would need to disband the Family Group and create a new one with you as the Family Organizer. This will have the side effect of cancelling Apple Music for everybody except whoever currently holds the subscription and remove all music from their devices.

You can subscribe to Apple One yourself without disbanding Family Sharing, and it will be charged to the Family Organizer directly, and will as said take take over any include subscriptions from any other family members. This will maintain their Apple Music library intact.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2023 8:11 AM in response to brushmarks13

If you mean Apple One, you can subscribe to it, and it will automatically take over, and cancel any other ongoing plans for members of the family group that are included with Apple One.

If you wife is the Family Organizer, and you want to be the Family Organizer, you would need to disband the Family Group and create a new one with you as the Family Organizer. This will have the side effect of cancelling Apple Music for everybody except whoever currently holds the subscription and remove all music from their devices.

You can subscribe to Apple One yourself without disbanding Family Sharing, and it will be charged to the Family Organizer directly, and will as said take take over any include subscriptions from any other family members. This will maintain their Apple Music library intact.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.