Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time & date are so faint, hard to see

The time & date on my iphone this morning are unreadable they are so faint. I've checked DND and the wallpaper, and those did not help. How can I fix the time & date so I can see it?

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 2:45 PM

spikey ~ See:

Personalize your iPhone Lock Screen - Apple Support

Under the instructions there for Edit a Lock Screen, there's this:

"...Change the style of the time: Tap Customize, tap the time."

Then, at the bottom of the Lock Screen, tap on the right-hand circle to brighten the date & time:

õ¿õ¬

8 replies

Mar 9, 2023 4:00 PM in response to Alancito

I went back to the customization and made the font for the time thicker, then I made the picture on my screen much smaller so it's under the time/date. It's not back to normal, but it is readable. So thank you very much for your help. It's just so odd, like the time/date is grey instead of white. It looks bright white during the customization but as soon as it closes out of customization, it goes back to grey looking. I even tried changing to yellow and it goes from bright yellow, to yellow with a greyish overlay. -I think it might be time for me to think about getting a new phone.

Mar 9, 2023 4:14 PM in response to Alancito

I have a choice of 15 circles, the first two look like transparent, solid text but then there are 13 different colors to choose from. It doesn't seem to matter which one I choose, it looks correct when I've tapped done. But then when it goes back to the regular screen, you can see it go from correct - to fainter or greyish. It's never done this before. It's almost 3 years old. Maybe the new update triggered it? I do appreciate you taking the time to help! I'll see what kind of deals are out there for new phones.

Time & date are so faint, hard to see

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.