Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reset click wheel iPod A-1059

I am selling my Gen 4 iPod "Clickwheel" model A1059. I was able to Re-set the iPod from its own Settings menu. I thought this felt incomplete so I plugged it into an old MacBook Pro and launched iTunes. The iPod appears in the iTunes window showing 6GB of audio files but when I chose "Summary" it will not restore..... I get a message to the effect it can't contact the download center (wifi is working ok).

In addition to the old laptop I have a new M1 as well.

How can I reset/erase the old iPod, using either the old iTunes or the brand new laptop?

Thank you.

iPod Classic

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 6:59 AM

Restore functions should be in Finder. Use Finder > Preferences > Sidebar and make sure that CDs, DVDs and iOS Devices is checked. You may get two entries for a connected iPod, one of which include the device management tools.

tt2

3 replies

reset click wheel iPod A-1059

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.