Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open iPhone using calculator from Lock Screen

There is a hack where the iPhone Lock Screen can be unlocked using the calculator. I need to know how to turn this off. My kid keeps unlocking my phone.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 6:39 PM

It is not possible to open your iPhone without using Passcode or Face ID.

If your kid can unlock your iPhone, it is either because he knows your Passcode or has set his face in Face ID. I've also seen YouTube videos where people pretend to unlock the iPhone via the Calculator, but it's fake.

But if you have to do something, you can start by removing the Calculator from your Control Center. You can do this here: Settings Control Center → find Calculator and tap the red circle on the left to remove it from the list....

...But if you use your Calculator often, I would recommend that you keep it in your control center and change the code on your iPhone instead.

You can also consider changing your Passcode on your iPhone, see more here:

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2023 6:39 PM in response to Kmjenkins

It is not possible to open your iPhone without using Passcode or Face ID.

If your kid can unlock your iPhone, it is either because he knows your Passcode or has set his face in Face ID. I've also seen YouTube videos where people pretend to unlock the iPhone via the Calculator, but it's fake.

But if you have to do something, you can start by removing the Calculator from your Control Center. You can do this here: Settings Control Center → find Calculator and tap the red circle on the left to remove it from the list....

...But if you use your Calculator often, I would recommend that you keep it in your control center and change the code on your iPhone instead.

You can also consider changing your Passcode on your iPhone, see more here:

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Open iPhone using calculator from Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.