Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to permanently disable the "Hide my Email" feature?

I hate hide my email. I am an adult and capable of deciding for myself if I want to use my own email address. How do I permanently disable hide my email.?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 8:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 8:45 PM

Dav091 Said:

"How to permanently disable the 'Hide my Email' feature?: I hate hide my email. I am an adult and capable of deciding for myself if I want to use my own email address. How do I permanently disable hide my email.?"

-------

Troubleshooting Hide My eMail:

A. Permanently Disabling Hide my eMail:

You can't. This is part of Apple's account settings.

B. Making Preferential eMail Address:

You can't. Apple makes random aliases on their own part. Once you create an iCloud eMail address it cannot be modified.

B. Give Apple Feedback on This:

Let Apple know that aliases should be allowed to be changed to what you decide. Refer to the following User Tip, on how to give them feedback on this. Go Here: Apple ID: How to Provide Apple Feedback for this Category - User Tips

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2023 8:45 PM in response to Dav091

Dav091 Said:

"How to permanently disable the 'Hide my Email' feature?: I hate hide my email. I am an adult and capable of deciding for myself if I want to use my own email address. How do I permanently disable hide my email.?"

-------

Troubleshooting Hide My eMail:

A. Permanently Disabling Hide my eMail:

You can't. This is part of Apple's account settings.

B. Making Preferential eMail Address:

You can't. Apple makes random aliases on their own part. Once you create an iCloud eMail address it cannot be modified.

B. Give Apple Feedback on This:

Let Apple know that aliases should be allowed to be changed to what you decide. Refer to the following User Tip, on how to give them feedback on this. Go Here: Apple ID: How to Provide Apple Feedback for this Category - User Tips

Mar 9, 2023 10:34 PM in response to Dav091

Dav091 Said:

"How to permanently disable the 'Hide my Email' feature?: So I'm stuck with a 'feature' that I don't want or need that simply makes it inconvenient to use an iPhone. unfortunately for me I only got my new iPhone in 2022, so I'm stuck with it for now but still nice Android doesn't have this stupid and inconvenient 'feature' I know my next phone won't be an iPhone thanks for your response"

-------

You are welcome.

If it doesn't suit your needs, then recommend to Apple that they change this feature. You can do so by giving them feedback...

Give Apple Feedback on This:

Mar 9, 2023 10:24 PM in response to Dav091

So I'm stuck with a "feature" that I don't want or need that simply makes it inconvenient to use an iPhone.

unfortunately for me I only got my new iPhone in 2022, so I'm stuck with it for now but still nice Android doesn't have this stupid and inconvenient "feature" I know my next phone won't be an iPhone

thanks for your response

How to permanently disable the "Hide my Email" feature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.