Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to open GarageBand after upgrading to Big Sur

You do not have permission to open the application “GarageBand.app”.

Contact your computer or network administrator for assistance.

"Sharing & Permissions" are set to "Read & Write" for system, admin, and everyone.

GarageBand version 10.3.5

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 3:18 AM

What was weird was that I could not get GB updated since the App Store would only provide the version for Mac OS 12.x. Once I updated to BigSur 11.7.4 and deleted GB 10.3.5, the App Store then provided the "older" version compatible with Big Sur, and I was able to download GB 10.4.6. Thanks for your input.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2023 3:18 AM in response to brbo

What was weird was that I could not get GB updated since the App Store would only provide the version for Mac OS 12.x. Once I updated to BigSur 11.7.4 and deleted GB 10.3.5, the App Store then provided the "older" version compatible with Big Sur, and I was able to download GB 10.4.6. Thanks for your input.

Unable to open GarageBand after upgrading to Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.