Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages to PDF script

I found this script for batch creating PDF from pages doc.

Batch convert Pages files to PDF - Apple Community

I created the application as show, but it doesn't work for me using OSX 11.6 with pages 12.1.

The script runs and I get a pop-up showing a yellow warning triangle with the text [6] "pdf" and and OK button.

A PDF is created titled 'pdf' but it is blank.

Can anyone help with please?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 9:18 AM

Hello VikingOSX

And thank you so much for replying so soon.

I did as you described the first time, but missed the blank line in between the two parts... bingo it worked!

(Shame apple discussions doesn't allow to attach the file, would make it so much easier)

Much appreciation to you!!

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 10, 2023 8:55 AM in response to John 3-16

This is not written to be run in Script Editor.

There are two parts of that script that need to be pasted (in order) with an intervening blank line into Script Editor. As this script is designed as a drop folder application, it is saved as an application to your Desktop, where you drag and drop file(s) and/or folders containing Pages documents onto it. The resulting PDFs are written in the original Pages document locations. Any damaged Pages document very likely will abort the application.

I just copy/pasted both parts of this script into Apple's Script Editor. Initially, I saved it as an .applescript text file so I had the editable source available. Then I used option key + Save As to save it as an application on my Desktop. I dragged a couple of Pages documents from a folder onto the application and it converted them to PDF correctly with the final dialog reflecting that status:

Tested on macOS Ventura 13.2.1 with only one change to the original script. In part 1, I changed display alert to display dialog. That is all. Other than the typical security dialogs about allowing the script or pages access to the documents, there were no error or warning dialogs.

Pages to PDF script

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.