Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iPhone Xr without cellular service.

I’m using an iPhone Xr without cellular service via WiFi for streaming. I noticed the cellular bars at the top right of the display are always searching for a cellular service. Is this normal? How do I stop this?

iPhone XR

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 9:08 AM

79% is not healthy. (80% is Apple's recommended level for replacing the battery.) So have the battery replaced promptly. The risk in not doing so is that the weak battery can suddenly fail completely and 'brick' the iPhone – especially during the long process of an iOS update.

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

About genuine iPhone batteries

Repair Provider Verification

(Articles found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.)

õ¿õ¬

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2023 9:08 AM in response to Metadj

79% is not healthy. (80% is Apple's recommended level for replacing the battery.) So have the battery replaced promptly. The risk in not doing so is that the weak battery can suddenly fail completely and 'brick' the iPhone – especially during the long process of an iOS update.

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

About genuine iPhone batteries

Repair Provider Verification

(Articles found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.)

õ¿õ¬

Using iPhone Xr without cellular service.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.