Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sidebar Missing in Finder

I rebooted my Mac yesterday to discover that Sidebar (with all my favorite folders) is missing - as too is the 'Create New Folder' on the bottom. I've tried all the obvious options on the menus - without success. Of note, View>Show Sidebar option is grey so I can't select it! (iMac Ventura 13.2.1). Any ideas? Thank you!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 9:22 AM

DRI FLY wrote:

I rebooted my Mac yesterday to discover that Sidebar (with all my favorite folders) is missing - as too is the 'Create New Folder' on the bottom. I've tried all the obvious options on the menus - without success. Of note, View>Show Sidebar option is grey so I can't select it! (iMac Ventura 13.2.1). Any ideas? Thank you!

Control Command S is the shortcut for showing sidebar in Finder

You can relaunch the Finder from the >Force Quit>Finder>Relaunch

or

Reboot

if no resolve—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2023 9:22 AM in response to DRI FLY

DRI FLY wrote:

Control Command S is the shortcut for showing sidebar in Finder

You can relaunch the Finder from the >Force Quit>Finder>Relaunch

or

Reboot

if no resolve—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Sidebar Missing in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.