Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live iPhone Camera to iPad without WiFi or Cellular Solution

This might not be a thing (no luck searching for a solution), but seems theoretically possible!

I would like to have my camera (front facing selife camera) appear as a live feed on my iPad either through bluetooth or internal wifi or AirPlay, but without bringing WiFi or Cellular data into the equation.

(Long story, but using a teleprompter as an "EyeDirect" for a documentary shoot in the field)

Maybe there's an app that does this, or some sneaky way to "mirror" my iPhone screen on the iPad? Audio doesn't need to come through, just the live image.

Thanks in advance to anyone that might be able to figure this puzzle out!

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 12:04 PM

Unfortunately Bluetooth does not have the capabilities of video streaming of any type. You would need WiFi or a cellular connection as those connections support video.

1 reply

Live iPhone Camera to iPad without WiFi or Cellular Solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.