Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing Photo ID circle on home screen of macBook Pro

Re: Photo ID circle on home screen of macBook Pro: I am very eager to be rid of this as it is right in the middle of the photos I have chosen to rotate for my viewing.

Last I heard: It cannot be removed, only changed.

I am hoping the situation has changed and fail to understand why it is an irremovable feature.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 7:05 PM

it_is_me_too wrote:

Re: Photo ID circle on home screen of macBook Pro: I am very eager to be rid of this as it is right in the middle of the photos I have chosen to rotate for my viewing.
I am hoping the situation has changed and fail to understand why it is an irremovable feature.

macOS 12.1

not as clear on your 12.1 since I am running Ventura, poke around in your

>System Preferences/Settings>User & Groups(?) Login options make a change to "Name & password"

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2023 7:05 PM in response to it_is_me_too

it_is_me_too wrote:

macOS 12.1

not as clear on your 12.1 since I am running Ventura, poke around in your

>System Preferences/Settings>User & Groups(?) Login options make a change to "Name & password"

Removing Photo ID circle on home screen of macBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.