Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost my apple id and password for mac how to recover with new phone number

I have an older Mac and can't remember my id or password. I would like to do a system restore and can't get administrave power.

Earlier displays & monitors

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 8:26 PM

raindropsrule Said:

"lost my apple id and password for mac how to recover with new phone number: I have an older Mac and can't remember my id or password. I would like to do a system restore and can't get administrave power."

-------

For reference...

Reset the Password Using the Login Screen:

You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it. No Success? Go here: If you can't Reset your Mac Login Password - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2023 8:26 PM in response to raindropsrule

raindropsrule Said:

"lost my apple id and password for mac how to recover with new phone number: I have an older Mac and can't remember my id or password. I would like to do a system restore and can't get administrave power."

-------

For reference...

Reset the Password Using the Login Screen:

You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it. No Success? Go here: If you can't Reset your Mac Login Password - Apple Support

lost my apple id and password for mac how to recover with new phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.