Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview shows photo slideshows in random order

I just moved up to Ventura with an M2 Mac mini. I was used to being able to drag a folder of numbered photos onto Preview and have them show up in a slideshow in the proper order (01.jpg, 02.jpg, 03.jpg...). In Ventura, they show up in a random order. The fix is to first, open your folder and second, select all of the photos, then 3rd drag them all onto Preview. It will then arrange them in the proper order. If Mac is trying something new here hoping it will make our lives easier, it actually makes it harder. I suggest going back to the previous way of ordering batch photos within a folder. Thanks.

Mac mini (M2, 2023)

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 6:00 AM

Just open the folder of images in Preview, whether you select the Folder name from the Open… panel or you drag and drop the images onto Preview. Choose thumbnail view, select all of the thumbnails (cmd+A), and then right-click on the first thumbnail. There is a Sort By menu item and you can sort by name or other choices. Then you can do the slideshow or contact sheet in ascending name order.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2023 6:00 AM in response to BlondeAC30

Just open the folder of images in Preview, whether you select the Folder name from the Open… panel or you drag and drop the images onto Preview. Choose thumbnail view, select all of the thumbnails (cmd+A), and then right-click on the first thumbnail. There is a Sort By menu item and you can sort by name or other choices. Then you can do the slideshow or contact sheet in ascending name order.

Preview shows photo slideshows in random order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.