Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have lost access to my phone number and locked out of my gmail account (both because they are each others dependent on two-step factor authentication I had set up on my pre-paid iPhone SE.

Can I recover my Apple ID if I’ve lost access to the phone number associated (by switching carriers and I also don’t have the recovery key either), locked out of my gmail associated (due to both of these being each others dependent in two-step factor authentication login stipulations). I have no recovery contact assigned and lost the recovery key I had saved in my voice memos and notes in the old phone that was with a different carrier on a prepaid plan through Straight Talk Wireless. I’m now with atnt on my partners phone plan but we have invaluable family photos on that other Apple ID. I’m wondering if anybody knows how to get help with recovering my original Apple ID and transferring all my stuff into my new iPhone 13.

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 8:00 AM

- If you forget your Apple ID password and do not know your recovery key, you can try to regain access using your trusted device protected by a passcode.

- When you generate a recovery key, you can't use account recovery.

- "Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently."

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2023 8:00 AM in response to RudeyMental

- If you forget your Apple ID password and do not know your recovery key, you can try to regain access using your trusted device protected by a passcode.

- When you generate a recovery key, you can't use account recovery.

- "Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently."

I have lost access to my phone number and locked out of my gmail account (both because they are each others dependent on two-step factor authentication I had set up on my pre-paid iPhone SE.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.