Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to login with iCloud ID in mail app

I am unable to login in the Mail app with iCloud domain mail ID. Everytime I try to add iCloud ID, I get the error “Apple ID verification failed”. I am entering the correct password because I have changed the password just to be sure that I am entering the correct password. I have tried uninstalling and installing the Mail app but it didn’t help. Gmail account is working fine on Mail app. Facing issue with iCloud domain email ID only. The iCloud ID is the same with which I am logged into my iPhone.

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 12:29 AM

When new iPhone is purchased don't sign with iCloud mail id directly in mail application , rather the Apple ID of iPad and iPhone should be exactly signed in as same on the same network , it has to be approved .

Method to sign in with same apple id and password in iPad and iPhone .

A message will appear in iPhone your Apple ID is being used to sign in to iPad near …location . Two options will be shown allow , do not allow so click on allow .

An apple verification code will appear on iPhone , enter this verification code on your iPad , click on continue .

In your iPad it will prompt to enter admin password , so enter it and click on ok , the circle will rotate in Apple ID field , wait for a while a window will appear the boxes for use iCloud for your documents and data and use find my iPhone boxes are checked by default so click on next and click on allow .

Both I phone and iPad are signed in with same Apple ID and password , the approval is complete .

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 12:29 AM in response to Apple_was_a_mistake

When new iPhone is purchased don't sign with iCloud mail id directly in mail application , rather the Apple ID of iPad and iPhone should be exactly signed in as same on the same network , it has to be approved .

Method to sign in with same apple id and password in iPad and iPhone .

A message will appear in iPhone your Apple ID is being used to sign in to iPad near …location . Two options will be shown allow , do not allow so click on allow .

An apple verification code will appear on iPhone , enter this verification code on your iPad , click on continue .

In your iPad it will prompt to enter admin password , so enter it and click on ok , the circle will rotate in Apple ID field , wait for a while a window will appear the boxes for use iCloud for your documents and data and use find my iPhone boxes are checked by default so click on next and click on allow .

Both I phone and iPad are signed in with same Apple ID and password , the approval is complete .

Mar 12, 2023 9:10 AM in response to tygb

I have an iPad and an iPhone. No mac. I was logged into my iCloud email ID in mail app from iPad. Later, I bought an iPhone and tried signing into mail app on iPhone with my iCloud ID but I kept getting the error “Apple ID verification failed”. So, to be sure that I was entering the correct password, I changed the password from iPhone itself and then tried logging into my iCloud ID from Mail app on iPhone but I keep getting the same error message. I am still logged into my iPad’s mail app with iCloud ID without any issue or having to update password in iPad.

Unable to login with iCloud ID in mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.