Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s won't boot

My iPhone 6s running iOS software version 15.73 won't start on it own when off and connected to power.

What can I do rectified this issue?

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 12:37 AM

iPhone 6S is > 7 years old, which also affects the battery life. The hardware remains old, so does the battery.

Having the battery replaced by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Providers may resolve the issue, if it is still possible.

You should consider whether it is still worth replacing the battery, with the knowledge that iPhone 6S is not eligible for an update to iOS 16.

See here: iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

If you are going to replace the battery, by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Providers read this Apple article:

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service              

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

The price is approx $ 69. If you want to know exactly, call Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

or 

call 1-800-MY-APPLE

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2023 12:37 AM in response to Mac-kMaxwell

iPhone 6S is > 7 years old, which also affects the battery life. The hardware remains old, so does the battery.

Having the battery replaced by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Providers may resolve the issue, if it is still possible.

You should consider whether it is still worth replacing the battery, with the knowledge that iPhone 6S is not eligible for an update to iOS 16.

See here: iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

If you are going to replace the battery, by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Providers read this Apple article:

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service              

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

The price is approx $ 69. If you want to know exactly, call Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

or 

call 1-800-MY-APPLE

iPhone 6s won't boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.