Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After icloud photos reduced to 97 photos, iphone 12 still uses 30GB for storage.

My iphone storage was full, due to photos taking up 30GB. I have been deleting photos through icloud over the past 3 days and keeping the phone plugged in. There are now only 97 photos left, after syncing with icloud. The deleted photos album on my phone is empty. But...the 30GB of storage taken up by photos, hasn't reduced at all. Any ideas?

iPhone 12

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 8:27 PM

brupeno60 Said:

"After icloud photos reduced to 97 photos, iphone 12 still uses 30GB for storage."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Try Removing Data from the iPhone itself...

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Use my two User Tips:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2023 8:27 PM in response to brupeno60

brupeno60 Said:

"After icloud photos reduced to 97 photos, iphone 12 still uses 30GB for storage."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Try Removing Data from the iPhone itself...

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Use my two User Tips:

After icloud photos reduced to 97 photos, iphone 12 still uses 30GB for storage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.