Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get "From my Mac" photos folder from iPhone to Macbook?

I have a "From my Mac" photos folder from my old MacBook that is on my iPhone. I want to transfer the photos in this folder from my iPhone to my new MacBook, however, the photos in that folder do not show up on my MacBook when I attempt to transfer them. How can I transfer the photos without using iCloud?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 5:17 AM

Photos you are seeing in "From My Mac" albums have probably been synced manually from the Mac to the iPhone, with iTunes or from the Finder. This manual syncing is one-way only. You cannot sync them back, as the synced photos are not saved to Photos, they are stored separately and just shown in Photos. To be able to import them back to your Mac you have to save them to Photos on the iPhone. They will be saved, when you try to add adjustments to them, or when you duplicate them. Otherwise you would have to mail them or Air Drop them (just a few photos at a time), or share them to shared albums to transfer them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2023 5:17 AM in response to laurensmacarons

Photos you are seeing in "From My Mac" albums have probably been synced manually from the Mac to the iPhone, with iTunes or from the Finder. This manual syncing is one-way only. You cannot sync them back, as the synced photos are not saved to Photos, they are stored separately and just shown in Photos. To be able to import them back to your Mac you have to save them to Photos on the iPhone. They will be saved, when you try to add adjustments to them, or when you duplicate them. Otherwise you would have to mail them or Air Drop them (just a few photos at a time), or share them to shared albums to transfer them.

How to get "From my Mac" photos folder from iPhone to Macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.