Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not delete the voice memos application with its data

Hi all

I've been facing this problem for four months now, I can't delete the app and its data

I used the way clicking on the application itself > delete the application, but when I go to the iPhone storage, you can see that the application is still there and it weighs half of my memory

I want to clear my phone, so I need to delete this 66.7 GB of data from this application (Voice memos)

If I again install the Voice memos from App Store, there are will be empty folder with no recording. I do not really understand, where this space is coming from

• I m not a member of a family sharing
  • I don’t have multiple devices
  • I’m not sharing Apple ID with others

I tried this one, but it do not work for me

Settings > App Stores > [Automatic Downloads Section ] Apps > Disable. Please see the pic below

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 10:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 4:43 AM

The app is offloaded. Your data is still saved. You must download the Voice Memo app again, you must also manually delete your Voice Memos in the app, and delete it from Recently Deleted. Finally, you can delete the Voice Memos app again if you don't want to use it.

Otherwise, go to: SettingsApple ID iCloudManage Account Storage → find Voice Memos, tap and delete.

It says in your description that you are still on iOS 15. I would recommend that you update to iOS 16.3.1.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2023 4:43 AM in response to dariya97

The app is offloaded. Your data is still saved. You must download the Voice Memo app again, you must also manually delete your Voice Memos in the app, and delete it from Recently Deleted. Finally, you can delete the Voice Memos app again if you don't want to use it.

Otherwise, go to: SettingsApple ID iCloudManage Account Storage → find Voice Memos, tap and delete.

It says in your description that you are still on iOS 15. I would recommend that you update to iOS 16.3.1.

Can not delete the voice memos application with its data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.