Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FACE ID?

Face ID has been disabled!

By performing diagnostic tests in iOS 14.6, Apple detected a TrueDepth camera problem that could cause it to malfunction. The TrueDepth camera contains lasers that can be locked for safety reasons if the device is damaged or malfunctions. 

The question is what is the cost of the service? Who pays?

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 1:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 4:32 AM

This document is specific to seeing a 'disabled' Face ID alert, and explains what to do when you see that notice. --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Apple does not list a price for that particular service, plus we don't know where you live so even if I could look it up I couldn't tell you for where you live, plus who pays and how much may depend upon if you still have Applecare. If you really want to know, contact Apple:

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2023 4:32 AM in response to domkoz81

This document is specific to seeing a 'disabled' Face ID alert, and explains what to do when you see that notice. --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Apple does not list a price for that particular service, plus we don't know where you live so even if I could look it up I couldn't tell you for where you live, plus who pays and how much may depend upon if you still have Applecare. If you really want to know, contact Apple:

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

FACE ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.