Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi disconnect

If I set my device down for a few minutes my device looses Wi-Fi connection and then I have to manually re connect the Wi-Fi. Ever since the last update.

it is annoying.

thank you

Aaron Firmingham

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 10:00 AM

If the iPad disconnects when idle (sleep/locked) you may need to verify the your WiFi Settings for each of your configured WiFi Networks - ensuring that they are set to Auto Join:

Settings > WiFi > [WiFi Network / SSID] - tap the “i” icon - set Auto-Join to ON

Unless Auto-Join is enabled, your iPad will not automatically reconnect to the WiFi network when resuming from sleep - or when coming into range of your WiFi network.

Auto-Join is enabled/disabled for each configured WiFi network.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2023 10:00 AM in response to Bigggaaron

If the iPad disconnects when idle (sleep/locked) you may need to verify the your WiFi Settings for each of your configured WiFi Networks - ensuring that they are set to Auto Join:

Settings > WiFi > [WiFi Network / SSID] - tap the “i” icon - set Auto-Join to ON

Unless Auto-Join is enabled, your iPad will not automatically reconnect to the WiFi network when resuming from sleep - or when coming into range of your WiFi network.

Auto-Join is enabled/disabled for each configured WiFi network.

Wi-Fi disconnect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.