Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete or uninstall "focus" from my iphone

I am retired and have no need for a Focus and am tired of missing telephone calls which are silenced because my iphone decides it is "do not disturb" time. It was thoughtless that Apple Nanny forced a function into the iphone which could not be deleted or uninstalled. The ancillary schedules have been deleted from Focus, but it still seems to function.

Anyone know how to delete or uninstall completely. If there is no way to accomplish this I think it is time for an Android phone.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 4:15 AM

You can't delete Focus, but you can disable it from automatically activating. Remember you have several Focus profiles, so go through them all and see if any of them are set to start automatically.

To disable or delete this schedule, go to:

SettingsFocusSelect Profile → find SET A SCHEDULE → Tap into the time → tap Delete Schedule or just deactivate.

Also check if you have a Sleep/Wake Alarm set up. This can trigger Sleep Focus to activate. Use the "+" sign in the top right corner inside the Alarm to set your Alarm, and not the Sleep/Wake Up function.

Alternatively. Then you can delete your Focus profiles completely, with the exception of Do Not Disturb.

Go to: SettingsFocus. Tap on each individual profile, scroll to the bottom and select Delete Focus.

You can read more about how to use Focus here:

Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2023 4:15 AM in response to ArizonaGrump

You can't delete Focus, but you can disable it from automatically activating. Remember you have several Focus profiles, so go through them all and see if any of them are set to start automatically.

To disable or delete this schedule, go to:

SettingsFocusSelect Profile → find SET A SCHEDULE → Tap into the time → tap Delete Schedule or just deactivate.

Also check if you have a Sleep/Wake Alarm set up. This can trigger Sleep Focus to activate. Use the "+" sign in the top right corner inside the Alarm to set your Alarm, and not the Sleep/Wake Up function.

Alternatively. Then you can delete your Focus profiles completely, with the exception of Do Not Disturb.

Go to: SettingsFocus. Tap on each individual profile, scroll to the bottom and select Delete Focus.

You can read more about how to use Focus here:

Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

How to delete or uninstall "focus" from my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.