Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 14 Pro battery is HORRIBLE

I upgraded from a 12 to a 14 pro, and when I plugged it in to charge, it got so hot and charged so slowly. When using just one app, the battery life drained so fast and the phone got hot. I took it back and exchanged it for another 14pro. This phone doesn’t have the heating issue but the battery also drains extremely fast and seems to charge slowly also. I know it’s not just a coincidence since my new 14pro has the same battery drain as the previous one. I was better off with my 12 that only had 85% of total battery life left. SOOO frustrating. There are reports all over the place about this issue. Apple, are you going to address this????

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 9:49 AM

Well, a bigger battery would mean a bigger phone. And if you don’t mind a bigger phone just get a MagSafe battery pack for it→MagSafe Battery Pack - Apple

However, your engineer buddy is not quite correct. The iPhone 14 series has the highest capacity batteries ever provided with an iPhone, and reviews confirm longer battery life between charges than any earlier iPhones. I charge mine overnight, and it is still well above 50% by the end of the day before I charge it overnight again. If you are not getting something equivalent you need to troubleshoot what is using energy. Remember that iPhone hardware and iOS do not use much energy; what uses energy is apps. So the trick is to find out which app is the energy hog.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2023 9:49 AM in response to lews52

Well, a bigger battery would mean a bigger phone. And if you don’t mind a bigger phone just get a MagSafe battery pack for it→MagSafe Battery Pack - Apple

However, your engineer buddy is not quite correct. The iPhone 14 series has the highest capacity batteries ever provided with an iPhone, and reviews confirm longer battery life between charges than any earlier iPhones. I charge mine overnight, and it is still well above 50% by the end of the day before I charge it overnight again. If you are not getting something equivalent you need to troubleshoot what is using energy. Remember that iPhone hardware and iOS do not use much energy; what uses energy is apps. So the trick is to find out which app is the energy hog.

Mar 12, 2023 1:34 PM in response to Bethgerman

My iPhone battery is WONDERFUL. I’ve never had any iPhone with battery life as good as I get with my iPhone 14 Pro. I charge overnight, every night, and my battery is well above 50% by the end of most days, and it has never been as low as 20% at the end of the day except the one day I used Maps on an 8 hour drive. So you might want to troubleshoot the problem.

IPhone 14 Pro battery is HORRIBLE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.