Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heating and battery health dropping fast!

After ISO 16 update my battery is draining faster and battery health is dropping by 1% everytime it charges over 80% and phone stopped charging after 80% after new update. Apple should replace the defective batteries due to this update. I keep getting notification saying charging will resume after iphone cools down when phone reaches 80% and it's take 3-4hrs after 80% if at all it charges. All this is damaging the battery. Apple needs take a step and resolve all these issues. Please spread a word to people you know that not to buy iPhone 13 and above until unless apple solves these issues. Not able to charge my iPhone 13 after 80%.

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2022 4:40 AM

Hello,

With any new version of iOS there are always maintenance and re-indexing tasks to be performed. It should settle down in a few days. These are the standard steps for short battery life: 

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Settings > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

Note: not charging beyond 80% is likely due to Optimized Battery Charging. See this:

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2022 4:40 AM in response to karthick8822

Hello,

With any new version of iOS there are always maintenance and re-indexing tasks to be performed. It should settle down in a few days. These are the standard steps for short battery life: 

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Settings > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

Note: not charging beyond 80% is likely due to Optimized Battery Charging. See this:

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone

Good luck.

Heating and battery health dropping fast!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.