Phone not charging properly cuts off without warning or overheating

Since the iOS 16.6 update my phone still fairly new I phone 11 has been overheating with my charger and now stops charging without warning!!!

so frustrating!!!!

sometime I wonder if it a software glitch or a suspected ploy to get us by a new phone? ( I hope I am wrong)

to add more frustration the phone heats up excessively while charging!!!

never had this issue before spoke to technician the phone software is ok so I suspect the problem is this update!!!

I wish they would resolve it pronto!

and don’t get me started on battery drain!

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 4:36 PM

Ok, thank you.

Apple recommends that the battery be charged once the Maximum Capacity reaches 80%. Because your’s is almost there, you may already be seeing the effects of a weaker battery.

You should take your device to an Apple Store, or Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) for further diagnosis, and to see what they recommend. Also, make sure to tell them about the charging problem.

Make an appointment using one of these links:

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2023 4:36 PM in response to Snuffles-nose

Ok, thank you.

Apple recommends that the battery be charged once the Maximum Capacity reaches 80%. Because your’s is almost there, you may already be seeing the effects of a weaker battery.

You should take your device to an Apple Store, or Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) for further diagnosis, and to see what they recommend. Also, make sure to tell them about the charging problem.

Make an appointment using one of these links:

Phone not charging properly cuts off without warning or overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.