Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone is not charging after 80% after update ios 16.4.1

after update the ios 16.4.1 in my 13 pro. its stop charging after 80%

then i searched online and found that its beacuse of temperature. then i turned off optimize battery option. but still this temperature issue appears and a notification comes up. iphone charge was on hold due to temperature.

then its happening past 2 days. every time after 80% the message comes up and my device wont charge after 80%

please someone help me to fix the issue.

i am using original adapter and lighting cable. why the phone still have the heating issue!

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2023 6:45 AM

thank you for you reply.

i tried by disable the setting.

still have the same issue.

optimize battery settings decrease my charging speed after 80%

if i disable it. i start charging my phone by disable from 20% battery. its still show the message iphone charging was on hold after some time.

is there any possible solution or i can find why its heating up. i asked my friends they dont have the similar issue. the heating issue appears from the first day i bought from the store.

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2023 6:45 AM in response to Community User

thank you for you reply.

i tried by disable the setting.

still have the same issue.

optimize battery settings decrease my charging speed after 80%

if i disable it. i start charging my phone by disable from 20% battery. its still show the message iphone charging was on hold after some time.

is there any possible solution or i can find why its heating up. i asked my friends they dont have the similar issue. the heating issue appears from the first day i bought from the store.

Apr 10, 2023 6:42 AM in response to gopal_nag

It sounds more like Optimized Battery Charging is enabled.

The function works like this. Your iPhone charges to 80%, and waits to fully charge until it expects you to use it. This is done to protect the battery from wear and tear. The function is enabled by default.

You can disable the feature here:

SettingsBatteryBattery Health & Charging → disable Optimized Battery Charging.

You can read more about the function here:

Apr 10, 2023 6:49 AM in response to gopal_nag

If you use an original charger and original cable, and Optimized Battery Charging is not the problem - then the last thing you can do is to check whether the environment around your iPhone is not too hot. Your iPhone will get warmer when charging, this is completely normal. But if the surroundings are also warm, or your iPhone is covered, for example in a closed case while it is charging, then this could be why.

Alternatively, take your iPhone to an authorized Apple Repairer so they can look at it. Start here:

Apple Repair and Repair Status Check - Official Apple Support

Apr 10, 2023 6:57 AM in response to gopal_nag

It sounds like it's warm in your place. Try charging your iPhone in a cooler place. Fast charging will also heat up your iPhone more. So a slower charge could perhaps be a solution, especially in when the surroundings are hottest. I don't think there's anything wrong with your iPhone, I just think it's simply too hot.

You're welcome. I hope you can charge your iPhone without too many interruptions.

phone is not charging after 80% after update ios 16.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.