Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my camera is not working it saying its not connected.

My camera is not working it is saying its not connected on all my apps. Facetime, Messenger and zoom. When I look in the settings it has permissions to access them.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 8:35 PM

8 replies

Mar 12, 2023 8:48 PM in response to realtor_mariacontreras

realtor_mariacontreras Said:

"my camera is not working it saying its not connected.: My camera is not working it is saying it's not connected on all my apps. Facetime, Messenger and zoom. When I look in the settings it has permissions to access them."

-------

Is there a camera even seen?

To Find Out:

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Select: About this Mac
  3. Click: System Report... button
  4. View: Hardware on left-column
  5. Click: Camera
  6. Confirm if a Camera is Even Seen

Screenshot of a Mac Without a Camera

Mar 12, 2023 8:50 PM in response to realtor_mariacontreras

"my camera is not working it saying its not connected.: My camera is not working it is saying it's not connected on all my apps. Facetime, Messenger and zoom. When I look in the settings it has permissions to access them."

-------

Troubleshooting the Camera:

Get the Drivers:

If no camera is seen, then the drivers went missing, somehow. Or, if it is seen, then the the drivers may be corrupt. So, you need to get new drivers. And to do that...

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall.

Refer to these Links:

Mar 13, 2023 2:24 PM in response to realtor_mariacontreras

my camera is not working it saying its not connected.: Hello, I tried everything above (reinstall MACOS)and its still not detecting my camera.

———-

Get this Serviced:

Seems it’s time for a new camera. You need to set up a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store. There, you camera will be diagnosed and you'll be provided with options.

my camera is not working it saying its not connected.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.