Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home button

I’ve had my SE 2nd gen for 3 years now and today i’m not sure what happened but my home button has been different. It’s hard to explain but it’s extremely sensitive and just running my finger over it a little makes it double click & it makes it really difficult to use my fingerprint to sign in. It didn’t make a noise before at least not as loud as it is now and i can actually press it down. I think it’s broken somehow i just don’t know i couldn’t find anything about this online. It’s just really annoying cause everytime i open my lock screen to sign in it immediately opens my apple wallet. I just wanna know if anyone has ever dealt with something similar & we’re able to fix it.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 12:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 3:46 AM

You can enable AssistiveTouch in Settings -> Accessibility -> Touch -> AssistiveTouch and enable it.

This should show a virtual home button below.

To go to Home Screen, tap the AssistiveTouch button and select Home.

1 reply

Home button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.