Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off do not disturb

I can't find a way to do this. So I'm not getting notices of texts—including ones from emergency services. I just discovered I had one for a flood watch that I didn't know about. I've tried everything I could think of, and tried to follow what I found on the Apple website. Nothing worked. If I die in a flood, I hope my son blames Apple. Because he's getting the same thing on his phone and can't figure it out either. He has a masters in computer science.

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 12:27 PM

If you have Do Not Disturb or another Focus profile activated, try disabling it. 

You can do this in the Control Center. Pull the Control Center down from the top right corner. Find the Focus Button, just below Screen Rotate Lock and Screen Mirror, tap and deactivate the active profile.

If Do Not Disturb or another Focus profile activates automatically, then a Schedule is active. 

To disable or delete this schedule, go to:

SettingsFocusSelect Profile → find SET A SCHEDULE → Tap into the time → tap Delete Schedule or just deactivate.

You can read more about how to use Focus here:

Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2023 12:27 PM in response to ChrisF1949

If you have Do Not Disturb or another Focus profile activated, try disabling it. 

You can do this in the Control Center. Pull the Control Center down from the top right corner. Find the Focus Button, just below Screen Rotate Lock and Screen Mirror, tap and deactivate the active profile.

If Do Not Disturb or another Focus profile activates automatically, then a Schedule is active. 

To disable or delete this schedule, go to:

SettingsFocusSelect Profile → find SET A SCHEDULE → Tap into the time → tap Delete Schedule or just deactivate.

You can read more about how to use Focus here:

Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Turn off do not disturb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.