Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Find My' is very slow to update Apple Watch device locations and often fails

Our Apple Watch Series 7 devices have SIMS. The location data in 'Find My' is almost always out of sync, often by a half day or more, and even when well within range of a cell tower. Does 'Find My' not have a periodic polling function to wake up the watch and update the location?

Does battery saver mode on the Apple Watch interfere with the 'Find My' service?

Many of the things that 'just work' on Apple devices are slowly beginning to transition to 'just does not work'. Is there any connection?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 6:36 PM

If by "battery saver mode" you mean Low Power Mode on the Apple Watch, yes this can shut down many of the non-essential functions. This Apple Support document might explain why you are finding things don't work ss you expected - you have engaged a mode that disables them.

Use Low Power Mode on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2023 6:36 PM in response to dugm

If by "battery saver mode" you mean Low Power Mode on the Apple Watch, yes this can shut down many of the non-essential functions. This Apple Support document might explain why you are finding things don't work ss you expected - you have engaged a mode that disables them.

Use Low Power Mode on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

'Find My' is very slow to update Apple Watch device locations and often fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.