Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone needs to cool down before using it

Why does the iPhone screen pop up “IPhone needs to cool down before using it” even though it has not been used in a while. Temperature here is 30C.

How do you fix this, (This message randomly came on a day).

How are you supposed to fix this if I already closed all tabs/apps, screen brightness lowered very much?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 1:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 2:27 AM

If the surroundings are too hot, for example if your iPhone has been in a hot car and windowsill, the message will appear. I've experienced it a few times when I've forgotten my iPhone in my car on a summer day. There aren't any features you can change to prevent this from happening - the only thing you can do is make sure the environment around your iPhone isn't too hot.

You can find more useful information here:

If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 2:27 AM in response to ARandomGuy55

If the surroundings are too hot, for example if your iPhone has been in a hot car and windowsill, the message will appear. I've experienced it a few times when I've forgotten my iPhone in my car on a summer day. There aren't any features you can change to prevent this from happening - the only thing you can do is make sure the environment around your iPhone isn't too hot.

You can find more useful information here:

If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

IPhone needs to cool down before using it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.