Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Panasonic Lumix Cameras - Specifically for me the DMC-ZS100

I have a new DMC-ZS100 that claims to have an app that can help with wireless control and other things, the camera is supposed to have wifi file transfer abilities as well as usb file transfer features. None work with my MacBook Air running Ventura.

Does anyone know if Apple is planing on offering support for this camera soon? If anyone has advice I am open to hear it!

It appears to be a known issue that these Panasonic cameras are not compatible with the Panasonic app, wireless or usb connectivity. Important features for modern camera usage these days. These features are also priced into the cost my friend paid for.

I hope Apple has a solution for these issues soon and can communicate their awareness and the timeframe for such.

Panasonic is selling these cameras and saying it IS supported by Apple. Something isn't right then.

There is another thread here about a MacBook Pro not working with a different Panasonic camera -same issues.

Thanks for any news/advice.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 10:25 AM

These are fellow user supported public communities. Apple is not here, nor is any product team reading your post. Apple only provides support in Ventura for the ZS100 camera RAW and jpg image files.

Only Panasonic can address their own applications and compatibility with macOS Ventura, or the firmware for this camera. Check with Panasonic about their application and camera functionality and versions of macOS they support. Are there now current firmware updates for the ZS100 that you need to apply?

Panasonic is correct that Apple supports this camera from the first paragraph's perspective. You should not infer any other Apple initiated support for this camera.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 10:25 AM in response to TropicalWinterCottage

These are fellow user supported public communities. Apple is not here, nor is any product team reading your post. Apple only provides support in Ventura for the ZS100 camera RAW and jpg image files.

Only Panasonic can address their own applications and compatibility with macOS Ventura, or the firmware for this camera. Check with Panasonic about their application and camera functionality and versions of macOS they support. Are there now current firmware updates for the ZS100 that you need to apply?

Panasonic is correct that Apple supports this camera from the first paragraph's perspective. You should not infer any other Apple initiated support for this camera.

Panasonic Lumix Cameras - Specifically for me the DMC-ZS100

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.