Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export Finder Tags to CSV in 2023?

It looks like this is what I'm looking for, but having trouble getting it working in MacOS Ventura.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250604400

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 1:31 PM

There were some issues in the 2019 AppleScript solution that I have remedied (and tested) in Ventura 13.2.1 with Numbers v12.2.1.

The assumption is that you have files in a folder that have none, or multiple Finder tags on them. This script will create a Numbers table, or CSV as output choices based on the comment preceding the NumTbl property. The table will be two columns: 1) path to the file in that folder, and 2) the single or comma-separated list of Finder tags found on the file. Like this when I selected the TaggedFiles folder for Numbers output:

You may need to give Numbers Full Disk Access in Settings > Privacy & Security.

Code:

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 1:31 PM in response to Dsn989

There were some issues in the 2019 AppleScript solution that I have remedied (and tested) in Ventura 13.2.1 with Numbers v12.2.1.

The assumption is that you have files in a folder that have none, or multiple Finder tags on them. This script will create a Numbers table, or CSV as output choices based on the comment preceding the NumTbl property. The table will be two columns: 1) path to the file in that folder, and 2) the single or comma-separated list of Finder tags found on the file. Like this when I selected the TaggedFiles folder for Numbers output:

You may need to give Numbers Full Disk Access in Settings > Privacy & Security.

Code:

Mar 15, 2023 4:31 AM in response to Dsn989

That ¬ (not sign, u+00AC) sequence on line 92 is really AppleScript's way of allowing a line wrap so one can visually avoid a long line of text. The  is inserted by the hosting software just before the not sign and is rude to the AppleScript editor when pasting from the website. One can insert this special character in the Script Editor with option+L.

Export Finder Tags to CSV in 2023?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.