Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I need two security keys?

I was thinking of using security keys but I can't figure out why I need two keys? I'm new to security keys so maybe I'm not understanding. On the "About Security Keys for Apple ID" it states "You must add and maintain two security keys." Can I not just use one for my macbook and iphone?

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 12:39 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 14, 2023 1:07 PM in response to apple_user_artist

apple_user_artist wrote:

I was thinking of using security keys but I can't figure out why I need two keys? I'm new to security keys so maybe I'm not understanding. On the "About Security Keys for Apple ID" it states "You must add and maintain two security keys." Can I not just use one for my macbook and iphone?

Same reason you lock your car door or house door and then enable the alarm.

Why do I need two security keys?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.