Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

videos not exporting from photos to files on MacBook Pro using iCloud stored videos through Photos

Please advise...

1. I have videos on my phone and iPad, stored in the cloud that I'm trying to export & store in my computer documents.
  2. I have tried "dragging & dropping" and "exporting "from 'Photos' on my MacBook Pro, I so I can delete them from my phone & iPad and free up space as my iCloud is now full.
  3. I managed to move one video, but the others won't play ball.
  4. I have clicked on the export progress button in Photos on the MacBook, but it is painfully slow and was at 0% for 1/2 hour and has now gone to 1% for another 1/2 hour
  5. its a new computer, there's masses of space on the computer, I've good internet and I'm stumped....
  6. ive restarted the computer and that was the only way to get rid of the cancelled downloads.

please advise as I'm demented.... thanks so much!!!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 12:10 AM

How did you export from Photos?

First try to export a single video as a test:

• Select the video in Photos, then try to play it to force a download from iCloud.
  • Once the video has been downloaded to Photos and you could view the video, export it.
  • Use "File > Export > Export unmodified original"

Can Photos export the unmodified original? If yes, try it for more videos.

Dragging and dropping will just export previews, also exporting the edited versions as opposed to exporting he unmodified originals, and if Photos cannot open and process the videos, it cannot create previews and may get stuck.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2023 12:10 AM in response to TippyBamBam

How did you export from Photos?

First try to export a single video as a test:

• Select the video in Photos, then try to play it to force a download from iCloud.
  • Once the video has been downloaded to Photos and you could view the video, export it.
  • Use "File > Export > Export unmodified original"

Can Photos export the unmodified original? If yes, try it for more videos.

Dragging and dropping will just export previews, also exporting the edited versions as opposed to exporting he unmodified originals, and if Photos cannot open and process the videos, it cannot create previews and may get stuck.

videos not exporting from photos to files on MacBook Pro using iCloud stored videos through Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.