Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound when receiving notifications on Apple Series 7 Watch

I've had my apple watch approximately 6 months and love it but over the last couple of days there is no sound when I receive a notification.

The alarm is not going off either, nor is it vibrating.

I've checked the settings and everything seems as it should be.

Many thanks

Jo

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 2:35 PM

Swipe up from the bottom edge of your Apple Watch to get to the Control Center. There you will see a bell icon. When it is red with a strikethrough it is in mute mode. If you touch it, the button will go gray w/o the strikethrough which will then produce sounds when you get a notification.

Another thing to check is in your Apple Watch.app, make sure Notifications Indicator is on (green). Then make sure the apps listed show 'Mirror my iPhone' or 'Allow Notifications'.

Also look at Sounds & Haptics on Apple Watch.app on iPhone. Make sure Silent mode is not on, make sure the volume is up. Make sure Haptic Alerts are on (green).

If all else fails, then restart both your Apple Watch and your iPhone. Check again to see if all these are true and if it works. If it still does not omit sounds or vibrations. You're going to have to erase your Apple Watch by going to Settings, General, Reset. Then set it up again by pairing your watch again.

Todd

[Edited by Moderator]

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 2:35 PM in response to JoWalker1964

Swipe up from the bottom edge of your Apple Watch to get to the Control Center. There you will see a bell icon. When it is red with a strikethrough it is in mute mode. If you touch it, the button will go gray w/o the strikethrough which will then produce sounds when you get a notification.

Another thing to check is in your Apple Watch.app, make sure Notifications Indicator is on (green). Then make sure the apps listed show 'Mirror my iPhone' or 'Allow Notifications'.

Also look at Sounds & Haptics on Apple Watch.app on iPhone. Make sure Silent mode is not on, make sure the volume is up. Make sure Haptic Alerts are on (green).

If all else fails, then restart both your Apple Watch and your iPhone. Check again to see if all these are true and if it works. If it still does not omit sounds or vibrations. You're going to have to erase your Apple Watch by going to Settings, General, Reset. Then set it up again by pairing your watch again.

Todd

[Edited by Moderator]

No sound when receiving notifications on Apple Series 7 Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.