Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forwarding email with attachment

Using Apple Mail, sometimes I need to forward an email that has an attachment or photo. In the past I select the forward arrow button and the email with attachment is ready to be addressed to send. Lately, maybe since ventura 13.2.1 the email comes up without the attachment. I have to manually drag the attachment to the new forwarding message. I have not found any setting that addresses attachments. Any ideas for a solution?

Mac Studio (2022)

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 10:34 AM

First, verify that the setting has not been changed. In Mail, select the Edit menu, then "Include Attachments with Replies". The options are Always, Never, Ask, and by default "When Adding Recipients".

Note that the default "When Adding Recipients" will only show the attachment after you have addressed where you want the email to go.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2023 10:34 AM in response to Charles Palenz

First, verify that the setting has not been changed. In Mail, select the Edit menu, then "Include Attachments with Replies". The options are Always, Never, Ask, and by default "When Adding Recipients".

Note that the default "When Adding Recipients" will only show the attachment after you have addressed where you want the email to go.

Forwarding email with attachment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.