Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail Ventura (Version 16.0) Removes attachments when forwarding?

Is this a new feature that nobody asked for?

Whenever I try to forward an email now, it automatically removes all attachments. This is useless behaviour.

Previously it used to ask if I wanted to keep attachments, now it doesn't even give me an option.

Is apple actively trying to push people away from using apple mail?

I don't understand why anybody would want this behaviour?

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2023 9:57 AM

For anybody else who has this issue, I solved this on a call with apple support.

Default behaviours have changed.

Menu > Edit > Include Attachments with Replies > Always, Never, When adding recipients, Ask.

Previously the default was ASK, and this only applied to forwarded messages.

The default is now "When Adding Recipients" - Initially this results in the forward looking like it has dropped the attachments, however as soon as you add a recipient, the attachments will populate.

If you chose ASK, to match the old behaviour. It will ask to include attachments anytime you click forward. It also now maintains that same behaviour anytime you click reply.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2023 9:57 AM in response to theEsco

For anybody else who has this issue, I solved this on a call with apple support.

Default behaviours have changed.

Menu > Edit > Include Attachments with Replies > Always, Never, When adding recipients, Ask.

Previously the default was ASK, and this only applied to forwarded messages.

The default is now "When Adding Recipients" - Initially this results in the forward looking like it has dropped the attachments, however as soon as you add a recipient, the attachments will populate.

If you chose ASK, to match the old behaviour. It will ask to include attachments anytime you click forward. It also now maintains that same behaviour anytime you click reply.

Apple Mail Ventura (Version 16.0) Removes attachments when forwarding?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.